Korean beauty products are showing up in stores everywhere, from Sephora to Target. I was so intrigued by this 10-Step Routine after watching several YouTube videos, and because I am obsessed with skin care, I thought I would give it a try!
After reading/watching reviews I thought I would give the Soko Glam 10-Step Korean Skin Care Routine (Normal Skin Type) a try. The price tag was a bit hefty at $199, but the set includes 10 full-size products, and values well over $265.
I was so surprised how fast it arrived in the mail! It took me a few tries and several YouTube videos to figure out the steps in the routine, but after a week or so I got the routine down. I bought this kit in August, so I have used most of the products for a few months now.
I am going to list the products below, in the order in which I used them and write a quick blurb on my review of the product.
This was a game changer! I was really nervous to try an oil-based cleanser, thinking that it might break me out, but not this one! You apply this product at the end of the day to take off your makeup. Massage it into your face for a minute or so and it miraculously removes all of your makeup. I found this to be much more gentle than a makeup wipe, and still use this every night! Rating 5/5
2. NEOGEN Cranberry Real Fresh Foaming Cleanser (water-based cleanser) – A big part of the Korean 10-step routine is the double cleanse. First you clean with an oil based cleanser, then follow with a water based cleanser. This product smelled amazing, just like cranberry, but I was not a huge fan of this particular product, I found it to be a bit drying. Rating 3/5
3. NEOGEN Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Wine (exfoliator) – After cleansing, it is time to exfoliate. These exfoliating pads are amazing, and they smell like amazing red wine. I use these once or twice a week in my t-zone to scrub away the dead skin (gross) and clear out my pores. Make sure to rinse after use. This left my face clear and glowy! After I use the rest of this, I want to try the Green Tea version. Rating 5/5
4. SON & PARK Beauty Water (toner) – I was really excited to try this gentle exfoliater/toner. It is super gentle, and leaves the skin glowy and clear. After cleaning, and exfoliating this product gets off the last bit of makeup (such a satisfying feeling). I use a cotton pad for this, and use the product morning and night. Rating 5/5
5. SKINFOOD Premium Lettuce Cucumber Watery Essence (essence) – Essences confused me a little at first, I really wasn’t sure what to do with it. The texture of this product is like a watery serum. I wasn’t a huge fan of this, I didn’t love the smell, and found it to be a little irritating on my skin. Next time around I may try a more gentle formula for sensitive skin. Rating 2/5
6. MISSHA Time Revolution Night Repair New Science Activator Ampoule (serum) – I love this serum. It is soooo hydrating and feels so luxurious when you apply it. It’s on the heavier side, so I would only recommend it for daytime use if you have normal/combination skin. I will definitely be re-purchasing this product. Rating 5/5
7. MISSHA MIsa Cho Bo Yang Eye Cream (eye cream) – I was really impressed by this eye cream. I have been using the same eye cream for years (Kiehl’s Creamy Avocado Treatment), and really wasn’t looking to change that up, but this product is great. It is a super thick consistency, but it absorbs right into the skin. It is very hydrating and definitely helps my dark circles. Rating 5/5
8. MANEFIT Bling Bling Hydro Gel Mask – Whitening Platinum (one sheet mask for single-use) – I was a little hesitant to use this product, until I read that for Korean skin care whitening=brightening, so do not be alarmed. This sheet mask was good quality (much thicker than others) and was very moisturizing. Rating 4/5
9. BENTON Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel (moisturizer) Night time – I wasn’t sure about this product initially. It is used as a moisturizer, but it is a gel. I found this product to be okay, but I wasn’t in love with it and found myself reaching for my other moisturizers. Rating 3/5
10. NEOGEN Day-Light Protection Sun Screen (sun screen) – Day time – This is a nice lightweight sunscreen, and is light enough to wear under makeup without feeling greasy. The only thing I did not like about it is the smell! Rating 4/5 (smell is important to me, HAHA)
Overall, it was fun to try out these products. I found a few products that are definitely new favorites, and then some that were not so hot. I did notice a change in my skin with the this routine, and found my skin to feel more hydrated and glowy. I know for some people this can seem like a long process, but if you find skincare enjoyable I would recommend that you give it a try, it really only takes 10 minutes or so (longer with a sheet mask).
I hope you all enjoyed my 10-Step Korean Skin Care Review!
Have a great day!